ABDI envisages seeing all Ethiopian communities living in improved conditions through the alleviation of poverty.
ABDI’s mission is to undertake long lasting community based development initiatives in its target areas with special focus on children, women and older people through active community participation.
The general purpose of ABDI is to improve the socio-economic status of the poor communities through participatory implementation of projects and execution of related programs aiming to address community felt needs.
- Enhance access to basic & quality education for children's and communities
- Improve access and quality of community health services
- Facilitate access to food for healthy and productive lives of target communities
- Reduce negative impacts of HTPs and HIV & AIDS on community members
- Enhance access to various Income generating activities for and build economic and social capacities of poor women
- Promote conservation of natural resources and environmental rehabilitation.
- Improve access to basic needs and services for orphans and vulnerable children.
Based on extensive situational analysis, ABDI applies a holistic approach in designing its strategies to address the problems of the target communities in a sound and sustainable manner.
The major strategies that ABDI incorporates into the delivery of its work are:
- Participation and social mobilization
- Cooperation, facilitation and partnership
- Identification and mobilization of local resources
- Ensuring programs focus
- Gender equality
- Strengthening the capacity of ABDI